Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has been given a brand new update on PlayStation, Xbox and PC.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.1.2 is a big one, weighing in at a whopping 19.53GB on Xbox Series X, 18GB on PC, 15.27GB on Xbox One, 11.18GB on PS5 and 10.23 GB on PS4.
While the bumper file size is less than ideal, the new additions are most certainly worth it.
River Raids are the headline new feature, adding a brand new game mode for free.
According to the patch notes (below), River Raids are a “highly replayable mode that will take you to unexplored regions of England”.
Needless to say, the new game mode gives players the chance to earn new loot and rewards, and to explore new locations.
Elsewhere, Ubisoft has added a whole host of brand new skills and abilities, including Shoulder Bash, Battle Cry and Berserker Trap.
That’s on top of the usual bug fixes, balance changes and gameplay improvements we’ve come to expect from such a sizeable update.
Amazon PS5 stock available to buy TODAY: PlayStation 5 restock news and timings
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.1.2 patch notes…
YULE SEASON: RIVER RAIDS GAME MODE
• We added in-game support for River Raids.
• Prepare your Jomsviking crew for this new highly replayable mode that will take you to unexplored regions of England, which is full of raiding opportunities.
• New loot, rewards, and challenges await the Raven Clan!
• The River Raids Mode is part of the Yule Season content. It is free for all Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players, and it is accessible in-game after downloading Title Update 1.1.2.
• Berserker Trap: This attaches a trap to your arrow, spreading hallucinatory powder. Any nearby movement causes the trap to trigger. Surprise clueless passersby!
• Battle Cry: In a fit of rage, Eivor lets out a blood curdling scream, gaining strength and causing nearby enemies to stumble backwards in fear, interrupting their attacks.
• Shoulder Bash: Eivor performs a shoulder bash that pushes back enemies and destroys objects.
• Assassin Carry: Automatically carry a body after a successful assassination.
• Assassin Slide: Slide into enemies and knock them off balance while sprinting.
• Power Stroke: Trigger a speed boost on the long ship at the cost of stamina.
• Arrow Looter: Eivor has a greater chance of looting arrows from archers.
• Fight Ready: Always start a fight with an adrenaline-filled slot.
• Long Ship Brace: When you are in command of the long ship, the crew will raise their shield with you.
• Runes and used resources to upgrade Berserker gear will be returned to the player inventory when an item is lost.
• Improved vibration feedback during fishing. Fishing goes BRRRR.
• Addressed an issue that caused players to leave disguise mode if players perform any attack while riding.
• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish in the sea or on coastlines.
• Addressed an issue that caused school of fish to take a long time to respawn after one was caught.
• Items purchased at the Animus Store will only be given to players after returning to England from Vinland.
• Changed predator charge attack animations to give players a little more time to react.
• Addressed an issue that prevented fabric from being available. Everyone liked that.
• Added date of purchase to items listed in the owned section of the store.
• Removed diamond rune slots from gear set pieces other than torsos. Runes that were slotted into these will be returned to the player inventory.
GRAPHICS, AUDIO, AND ANIMATION
• Addressed various graphics or lighting issues.
• Addressed various texture issues.
• Addressed an issue that caused explosion VFX to be missing when oil jars explode. Oil jars will now go BOOM.
• (PS4/PS5) The Muspell Warg mount will now burn with the fires of Hel!
• The blood of your enemies will now soil all clothing.
• Addressed various character or NPC animation issues.
• Addressed various clipping issues.
• Addressed an issue that prevented visual effects of the Draugr set to be displayed.
• Addressed an issue that caused arrows to disappear from the quiver after reequipping the bow from the inventory.