The 1980s were a time of mullets, shoulder pads and New Romantics. As well as this, music started moving towards synthesisers and power ballads, while George Michael started making music away from his band Wham!. But can you complete the lyrics in our selections of 1980s hits?
Michael Jackson came out with Thriller in the 1980s, which still remains the best-selling record of all time.
This is one example of how the 1980s came to define the music industry, with the electronic and techno beats from Germany making their way into the mainstream.
Artists who found huge success in the 1960 and ‘70s, such as David Bowie and Sir Paul McCartney, adapted to make music in the 1980s which would still excite their fans.
So can you name the 1980s hit, the artist and complete the lyric?
READ MORE: Blue Monday movies: The best films to watch to beat the blues
7. “Try to feel the way we do today/And then if you can remember”
8. “All the old paintings on the tomb/They do the sand dance, don’t you know”
9. “Before this river becomes an ocean/Before you throw my heart back on the floor”
10. “Found someone else/I guess I won’t be comin’ ’round”
11. “He walks on, doesn’t look back/He pretends he can’t hear her”
12. “We’ve known each other for so long/Your heart’s been aching but you’re too shy to say it”
1. “Colour me your colour, darling/I know who you are” – Call Me by Blondie
2. “All the better just to please you” – Bette Davis eyes by Kim Carnes
3. “There’s nothing left to talk about/Unless it’s horizontally” – Physical by Olivia Newton-John
4. “How my poor heart aches/With every step you take” – Every Step You Take by The Police
5. “Why do we scream at each other? /This is what it sounds like when doves cry” – When Doves Cry by Prince
6. “Though it’s easy to pretend/I know you’re not a fool” – Careless Whisper by George Michael
7. “Keep smiling, keep shining/Knowing you can always count on me” That’s What Friends are For by Dionne Warwick feat. Elton John, Stevie Wonder and Gladys Knight
8. “If they move too quick (oh way oh)/They’re falling down like a domino” – Walk Like an Egyptian by The Bangles
9. “I reconsider my foolish notion/Well, I need someone to hold me but I’ll wait for something more” – Faith by George Michael
10. “I guess it’s over, baby/It’s really over baby, whoa” – Look Away by Chicago
11. “Starts to whistle as he crosses the street/Seems embarrassed to be there” – Another Day in Paradise by Phil Collins
12. “Inside we both know what’s been going on/We know the game and we’re gonna play it” – Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley