Developers Visual Concepts have released two new patches today, which are available to download right now.
The latest NBA 2K21 update is a joint effort, meaning the development team has patched the game across all platforms, including NBA 2K21 on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, PC and Nintendo Switch.
The current-gen patch features updates in preparation for the MyTEAM Unlimited $250,000 Tournament on February 20, new seasonal decorations at 2K Beach to celebrate Lunar New Year, and the arrival of the travelling Big Top 2K Beach, and a variety of gameplay improvements.
Meanwhile, the next-gen patch adds all new music to the soundtrack, updated player likenesses for several current NBA players and more.
NBA 2K21 update 1.08 might have different numbering and install sizes, depending on what platform you’re using.
It should also be noted that due to how NBA 2K is patched, there might also be a delay for gamers playing on PC, Google Stadia and Nintendo Switch.
It’s unclear how long gamers on these platforms will have to wait for the latest update for NBA 2K21 to arrive.
While some gamers might be waiting longer for this week’s update, we do have the official NBA 2K21 patch notes for current and next-gen consoles.
You can find the full list of changes posted below for all versions of the game:
CURRENT-GEN PATCH NOTES
- Come celebrate the Lunar New Year at 2K Beach with new seasonal decorations.
- Updated another set of player likeness for current NBA players.
- Updated soundtrack in 2K Beats.
- Disabled controller rumble for online play.
Updated another set of player likeness for current NBA players, including:
- Udoka Azubuike
- LaMelo Ball
- Keita Bates-Diop
- Leandro Bolmaro
- Zylan Cheatham
- Brandon Clarke
- Troy Daniels
- De’Andre Hunter
- Jaren Jackson, Jr.
- Frank Mason
- Tyrese Maxey
- Jaden McDaniels
- Johnathan Motley
- Zeke Nnaji
- Elie Okobo
- Miye Oni
- Tariq Owens
- Patrick Patterson
- Payton Pritchard
- Immanuel Quickley
- Josh Reaves
- Cameron Reynolds
- Anfernee Simons
- Robert Williams
- Addressed the vertical line remaining on screen for a period of time on Xbox Series X/S
- Reduced the effectiveness of fading three-pointers off-the-dribble, as requested by the community
- Private matchmaking is now supported during Pro-Am League Nights
- Improved load times of menus when loading into The City
- Foam fingers and boxing gloves will no longer remain equipped when going into games in The City
- Addressed community reported issues with the badge progression display on the postgame recap screen
- Resolved a rare hang that could occur upon completion of workouts in the Gatorade Gym
- Various other stability and performance issues have been addressed to further improve the overall experience in The City
- Updated the MyNBA Online load/download Draft Class option functionality
- Improvements made to the way player morale is calculated
- Resolved a player generation issue that led to inflated athletic attributes like speed and vertical as progression occurred
- Various preparations have been made for upcoming additions to MyTEAM
- Enabled Situational Substitutions for both On-the-Fly Coaching and Timeouts in Domination, Challenge, Unlimited, and Limited modes
- Addressed a rare hang that could occur when starting a multiplayer match with a specific lineup
- Various other stability and performance issues have been addressed to further improve the overall experience.