Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War fans can download a big new update, just a couple of days after launch.
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War update 1.05 is starting to roll out on PlayStation, Xbox and PC.
The update lays the foundation for the game’s first double XP event, which runs for just 24-hours.
Running from 6pm UK time on November 15 until 6pm GMT on November 16, fans can earn double the experience in multiplayer modes.
This should give players a headstart on levelling up and earning all of the best unlockables.
As fans await official patch notes from Activision, there are multiple reports about some of the changes introduced in update 1.05.
According to one fan, the loading times are said to be faster with the latest update installed.
Another report on Update Crazy suggests that the new update makes various gameplay fixes and minor adjustments.
You can see the early update 1.05 patch notes below, courtesy of Update Crazy. Express Online will update the article with official patch notes later today.
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War update 1.05 early patch notes…
• Made adjustments to objective placements.
• Made adjustments to item spawn rates.
• Adjusted vehicle drop timing to reduce the frequency of Hind, Tank, and FAV spawns.
• Directional damage indicators now point toward the vehicle when taking explosive damage from a Hind or Chopper Gunner.
• Made adjustments to the fireteam intro scene to better highlight the fireteam.
• Fixed a bug that would prevent objective waypoints from displaying in the overhead spawn view.
• Added an in-game outro scene that highlights the winning fireteam.
• Fixed a bug where players could be killed as soon as they deployed via air.
• Fixed various bugs that would cause a player to spawn away from their intended teammate on the ground from the overhead spawn view.
• Addressed an issue where players could not deposit Uranium into a dirty bomb.
• Fixed a bug where the player could be considered out of bounds when deploying from the infil plane.
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War is out now on PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One and PC.
The latest release in the Call of Duty saga features all of the usual single and multiplayer action we’ve come to expect, as well as a host of new activities such as Fireteam and Combined Arms.
The game is a direct sequel to the original Black Ops, only this time set in the early 1980s.
Players will assume the role of clandestine Operators that are dropped into a wide range of locales around the world. This includes East Berlin, Turkey, Vietnam and Russia.
Activision’s Warzone Battle Royale spinoff will also contain multiple Cold War tie-ins, as Activision continues to expand its free-to-play hit.