More than ten years ago, climate scientist Lorenzo Polvani and his then postdoctoral fellow Seok-woo Son led a study that found the closing of the ozone hole—then underway as a consequence of the 1987...
While lifestyle choices and genetics go a long way toward predicting longevity, a new study shows that certain community characteristics also play important roles. American communities with more fast food restaurants, a larger share...
Researchers from North Carolina State University and the Army Research Office have demonstrated a new model of how competing pieces of information spread in online social networks and the Internet of Things (IoT). The...
Ending global environmental crises such as climate change and slowing the growing number of extinctions of plant and animal species will require radical solutions that could take centuries to implement. Meanwhile, the crises are...
Today, the Covid-19 pandemic is all anyone can talk about. Societies around the world are coming to a standstill, and concern for most matters other than the coronavirus have been pushed aside. But as...
- Kansas governor issues statewide stay-at-home order (Reports)
- McCormick Place Into a 3,000-Bed Hospital
- See’s Candies suspends production for 1st time since World War II
- Three more national parks close to Prevent COVID-19 Spread
- Jonesboro tornado: At least three people were injured
- Trump says quarantine ‘not necessary’ for New York area (Reports)
- California ICU patients double overnight as COVID-19 cases rise
- Biden Sanders rent eviction to make ends meet under coronavirus
- Dolly Parton: ‘Coronavirus pandemic is a lesson from God’
- Europe US deaths surge, world plunges into recession