iOS 14.3 looks like it will arrive on iPhones very shortly, with a release expected in the next few days. It looks like Apple could release their next iOS 14 update on either Monday December 14 or Tuesday December 15. While Apple has not confirmed a release date for iOS 14.3, there’s reason to believe the update will become available to download around these dates.
And that’s because the latest release candidate sent to developers for iOS 14.3 shows the inbound iPhone patch will provide support for Apple’s latest accessory – the AirPods Max.
This week the Cupertino-based tech giant unveiled their long-rumoured over ear noise-cancelling wireless headphones.
Retailing at £549, the AirPods Max are launching on Tuesday December 15 – so it makes sense the iOS 14.3 patch which provides support for these cans will arrive by or before then.
The release candidate for iOS 14.3 revealed plenty of other inbound features, and you can read full details on all the upcoming additions below.
But let’s take a look at some of the standout features. First up one of the headline additions is the ability for iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max devices to shoot photos in the ProRAW format.
This new image format is designed to take advantage of the triple rear camera set-up and LiDAR sensor found on the iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max.
READ MORE: Your iPhone could be eligible for a free screen replacement from Apple
While, separately from the iOS 14.3 release candidate, beta testers have revealed that animated music albums covers will be heading to Apple Music – for select albums.
As revealed in a post by MacRumours, animated covers have been spotted for a number albums such as 12 Questions by Future Utopia, Detroit 2 by Big Sean and Pearl Jam’s Gigaton.
These animated covers play in a loop, and are brief colourful animations which are reminiscent of live wallpapers.
Besides all of these great new features packed into iOS 14.3, you can be sure the inbound download will also bring with it plenty of bug fixes.
If you like the sound of iOS 14.3, and are wondering what else is in the update, then here is the full release candidate for the patch…
APPLE iOS 14.3 RELEASE NOTES
• A new fitness experience powered by Apple Watch with studio-style workouts available on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV (Apple Watch Series 3 and later)
• New Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV to browse Fitness+ workouts, trainers, and personalised recommendations
• Video workouts added each week in ten popular workout types: High Intensity Interval Training, Indoor Cycling, Yoga, Core, Strength, Dance, Rowing, Treadmill Walking, Treadmill Running, and Mindful Cooldown
• Playlists curated by Fitness+ trainers to complement your workout
• Fitness+ subscription available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States
• New privacy information section on App Store pages that includes a developer-reported summary of the app’s privacy practices
• An all-new Apple TV+ tab makes it easy to discover and watch Apple Original shows and movies
• Enhanced search so you can browse by category such as genre, and see recent searches and suggestions as you type
• Top search results shown with the most relevant matches across movies, TV shows, cast, channels, and sports
• Support for launching App Clips by scanning Apple-designed App Clip Codes via Camera or from Control Centre
• Ability to indicate pregnancy, lactation, or contraceptive use in Cycle Tracking in the Health app in order to better manage period and fertile window predictions
• Air quality data is now available in Weather, Maps, and Siri for locations in China mainland
• Air quality health recommendations are provided in Weather and Siri for the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, India, and Mexico at certain air quality levels
• Air quality data in Weather, Maps, and Siri reflects updated national scales for Germany and Mexico
• Ecosia search engine option in Safari
This release also addresses the following issues:
• Some MMS messages may not be received
• Contact groups failed to display members when composing a message
• Some videos would not appear correctly when shared from the Photos app
• App folders may fail to open
• Spotlight search results, and opening apps from Spotlight may not work
• Bluetooth could be unavailable in Settings
• MagSafe Duo Charger could wirelessly charge your iPhone at less than the maximum power
• Wireless accessories and peripherals using the WAC protocol could fail to complete setup
• The keyboard would dismiss when adding a list in Reminders while using VoiceOver