Report: Sudbury fire crews kept busy with 2 rescues over the weekend

[ad_1]

Saturday afternoon was a busy one for Greater Sudbury Fire Services.

Fire crews first responded to a call around 1:30 p.m. to rescue a window washer.

A worker found himself stranded four storeys high on the side of a six storey apartment building on Paris Street.

READ  Report: First significant wildfire of 2018 burning near Lytton, B.C.

His partner, who was on the roof, called 911.

Firefighters were able to get to him using a ladder truck.

A few hours later, crews were called to a fire at an apartment on Lourdes Street.

READ  Report: 'Right over the edge': scrutiny over ticket spending irritates Saint John councillors

Police say the residence was fully charged with smoke and was caused by an unattended pot on the stove.

A man was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.

The estimated damage to the residence is $50,000.

READ  Report: Policy to make streets for everyone in Sudbury turned down by city councillors

[ad_2]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *