NOFX say they’ve had all their US shows cancelled after offensive ‘jokes’ about Las Vegas shooting (News)

[ad_1]

The band are still scheduled to honour their international commitments at this time

NOFX say they have had all their US shows cancelled after making offensive “jokes” about last year’s Las Vegas shooting.

The mass shooting at the city’s Route 91 Harvest Festival on October 1 left 58 people killed and more than 500 injured. Last month, the band’s Fat Mike and Eric Melvin were filmed onstage making light of the attack. “At least they were country fans and not punk rock fans,” Fat Mike said.

Earlier this week (June 20), frontman Fat Mike posted the news about their US shows to Instagram. “Fuck it!” he wrote. “I’m not supposed to talk about it, but because of the comments we made in Las Vegas… every NOFX shows has been cancelled in the US. We did not drop off the shows… we were told that NOFX is not welcome to play ANY big venue in the United States. No joke! NOFX has effectively been banned in our own country.”

Fuck it! I’m not supposed to talk about it, but because of the comments we made in Las Vegas… every NOFX show has been cancelled in the US. We did not drop off the shows…. we were told that NOFX is not welcome to play ANY big venue in the United States. No joke! NOFX has effectively been banned in our own country. This is not our choice, but it is our reality. We are very sorry to our fans, especially the ones in Austin. For now, we are playing in Europe, Mexico, and Canada. The Punk in Drublic Festival is still happening in Europe and other continents. I’m trying my best to bring it back to the US but a lot of people don’t want it to happen. It fuckin sucks! We made a mistake, we apologized, and we gotta suffer the consequences. Maybe it ain’t fair, but whoever said life was. We are just very thankful that our fans are being so supportive. Thanks to all of you!!!!! See y’all in Slovenia tomorrow! #punkindrublicinternational #whendidpunkrockbecomesosafe #IhatednotbeinginOhio

A post shared by Michael Burkett (@fatmikedude) on

He continued to apologise to fans and to confirm the band would still be performing in Europe, Mexico, and Canada, including at their own Punk In Drublic festival. “I’m trying my best to bring it back to the US but a lot of people don’t want it to happen,” he wrote. “It fuckin sucks!” We made a mistake, we apologised, and we gotta suffer the consequences.

“Maybe it ain’t fair, but whoever said life was,” he added. “We are just very thankful that our fans are being so supportive. Thanks to all of you!!!!!” He also included the hashtag “#whendidpunkrockbecomesosafe”.

NOFX’s comments about the Las Vegas shooting have already seen them lose sponsorship for Punk In Drublic from beer company Stone Brewing Co. The band issued a full apology after a video of them joking about the tragedy went viral.

[ad_2]

READ  Got £3.25million? You can buy Liam Gallagher's London home (News)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *